Lightspeed Zulu 3 Headset with Heli (U-174) Plug
$879.08 excl. Vat
5 to 10 Days Delivery
Zulu 3 is designed for the discerning pilot looking to invest in a high quality ANR aviation headset built for longevity and with unsurpassed attention to comfort details.
“The Zulu is the company’s best headset ever… Lightspeed has knocked the competition out of the park.”
— Pilot review from Ian J. Twombly, AOPA Pilot Associate Editor
Legendary Lightspeed comfort and durability have earned the loyalty of private pilots, too. Performance ear seals, sturdy cables built around a Kevlar core, an industry-best 7-year warranty, make Zulu 3 the most enduring headset Lightspeed has ever assembled.
Zulu 3 is compatible with FlightLink™, the first in-flight cockpit recording application for Apple iPad and iPhone.
With full Bluetooth integration, enjoy excellent call clarity, music fidelity, and wireless access to critical audio alerts from aviation apps on mobile devices.
Battery power supply: 3V, two AA batteries
Weight: 14.6 oz. (including ear seals and mic boom)
Panel aircraft 8-40 VDC
Transducer: 40mm moving coil
Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz Nominal impedance @ 1 kHz:
OFF—Mono: 200 ohms, ON—Mono: 280 ohms
OFF—Stereo: 400 ohms, ON—Stereo: 560 ohms
Transducer principle: Noise-canceling electret
Frequency response: 200 Hz-6000 Hz
Maximum SPL: 114 dB
Terminating impedance: 220-2200 ohms
Operating voltage: 8V-16V DC
Bluetooth Enabled Phone: Yes
Bluetooth Streaming Music: Yes
- Low-profile comfort – Weighing just 14.6 ounces (including ear seals and mic boom), Zulu 3 has a low-profile, stainless-steel headband that follows the curve of the head for more comfortable distribution of weight and side pressure.
- High-performance fit – Zulu 3’s tapered performance ear seals are designed to hug the curve of the jaw for a natural fit, increasing comfort and clarity while also providing a better seal around glasses frames. Cup cavities allow the entire ear to fit comfortably inside. We also offer taller head pads at no extra charge to ensure maximum comfort and performance on smaller head shapes.
- Durability and longevity – Made almost entirely of stainless steel and magnesium — with durable cables built around a Kevlar core — Zulu 3 is designed to endure the harshest flying environments and last for years to come.
- Superior quiet – Zulu 3 delivers advanced active noise reduction (ANR) performance over a deep, broad range of low-frequency noise. The magnesium ear cups are superior at blocking out high-frequency noise.
- Clear comms – The Dual Aperture Disc microphone provides greater noise cancellation for clearer, more intelligible communications. Exclusive, user-adjustable mic gain helps balance loud and soft voices in a multi-headset environment. Front Row Center (FRC) and stereo cross-feed technologies deliver crisp, rich audio and unparalleled music fidelity.
- Mobile phone and music connection – In addition to full Bluetooth connectivity, Zulu 3 offers an integrated control box auxiliary input, making it easy to connect a mobile phone, iPad or music/audio device.
- ComPriority™ – Never miss important radio communications with patented ComPriority, which automatically lowers the volume of any auxiliary device during radio or intercom transmissions. The soft mute feature gently eases music back in for a smooth listening transition.
- FlightLink – Capture incoming and outgoing communications with Lightspeed’s free FlightLink recording app for Apple iPad and iPhone via the supplied patch cable. This app is exclusively available on Lightspeed headsets.
- Auto Shutoff™ – Lightspeed’s proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset power when not in use.
- Included accessories – Carrying case, cellphone/music patch cords, cord clips, two AA batteries, and a foam windscreen.
- 30-day money-back guarantee – We know that every cockpit and pilot is different. That’s why we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, return the product for a full and prompt refund.
- Available configurations: Dual GA, LEMO panel power, U-174
- 7-year limited warranty – The BEST in the aviation industry. Lightspeed stands by the quality of the Zulu 3 with a comprehensive 7-year warranty of materials and workmanship.