ARTEX ELT 345 PILOT KIT
R13,306.08 excl. Vat
☠ HAZMAT: Additional shipping precautions are necessary for this item.
10 to 15 Days Delivery
This is the latest Survival Kit for Pilots available. The new ARTEX ELT 345 Pilot Kit is the perfect combination of safety and survival products designed to keep aviators safe in an emergency. The Pilot Kit provides aviators with one convenient kit to outfit their aircraft with the latest 406 MHz Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) along with personal survival gear to provide a redundant system to alert Search and Rescue of their location.
The ARTEX ELT 345 comes with a remote switch, buzzer, antenna and installation hardware and provides pilots with a cost-effective ELT upgrade solution to legacy 121.5 MHz ELTs that are no longer monitored by Search and Rescue Satellites, or as a replacement for other 406 MHz ELTs for the quality and value-minded aviator.
When an emergency happens, rely on the same brand that leading aircraft manufacturers trust for first-class quality, superior technology, and outstanding customer service. The new ARTEX ELT 345 is built to the industry’s most stringent quality management standards to ensure the ELT works the first time, every time. The ARTEX ELT 345 transmits on 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz frequencies while providing position accuracy thanks to the built-in GPS navigational interface. GPS data is embedded within the first emergency transmission and provides Search and Rescue personnel with the aircraft location, within 100 meters, in less than a minute. The ELT 345 boasts an industry low price for an ELT providing the same quality and performance on which the ARTEX brand was built.
How the ARTEX ELT 345 Works:
The ARTEX ELT 345 can be activated manually (via cockpit remote switch or ELT switch) or automatically (the G-Switch senses a 2.3G or greater impact), and alerts the closest Search and Rescue agency of your emergency. The 406 MHz signal, containing your GPS coordinates, is transmitted to the Cospas-Sarsat satellites and relayed to the Mission Control Center where it is immediately routed to the nearest Search and Rescue agency. Your beacon’s registration will tell first responders who you are and the beacon itself lets them know where you are to within 100 meters. Finally, the local 121.5 MHz homing signal assists Search and Rescue forces to identify your exact location.
The ARTEX ELT 345 provides a quick-and-easy retrofit opportunity with flexible installation options such as a two-wire remote switch that does not require any aircraft power. Because it is a single output ELT, the ELT 345 utilizes the same RF output and only one coax cable to transmit both 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz signals. The built-in navigational interface does not require aircraft power to operate which greatly reduces the cost of installation. The stainless steel mounting bracket has a multiple-hole pattern configuration which makes the replacement of legacy ARTEX ELTs or old ACK, Kannad and AmeriKing ELTs quick and easy.
Pair the ELT 345 with ARTEX’s exclusive online satellite confirmation testing system, 406Test.com, and get real-time beacon testing results, from the same satellites used by Search and Rescue, to ensure your ELT system is functioning properly. There is a reason that ARTEX ELTs are the choice of more aircraft manufacturers than any other; they trust ARTEX to build the highest quality products knowing they are used to save lives.
- ELT 345 (P/N 8102)
- ResQLink 400 Personal Locator Beacon (P/N 2921)
- C-Light H₂O Emergency Distress Light (P/N 3962)
- Signal Mirror
- WW-3 Res-Q Whistle (P/N 1700)
- ELT 345
- 406.040 MHz (+/- 1kHz) – Emission Designator 16K0G1D / 121.5 MHz (+/- 6.075 kHz) – Emission Designator 3K20A3X
- 406 MHz: 5 W for 24 hours @ -20°C to +55°C, 121.5 MHz: 50 mW for 50 hours @ -20°C to +55°C
- BNC Female
- Built-in GPS Navigational Interface (NMEA 0183 or RS 232)
- Automatic via G-Switch by 4.5 ft/sec (2.3 G) or Manual Activation
- 6 year Lithium (LiMnO2), Replacement Battery Part No. 8322
Temperature Certified to
- Operating: -20°C to +55°C, Storage: -55°C to +85°C
Self Test Checks
- G-Switch Enabled, 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz Power, NAV system, Low Battery
Weight (with tray)
- 2.0 lbs (907.19 g)
- ELT Transmitter with mounting hardware installed: 6.40 (L) x 2.96 (H) x 3.78” (W) inches (16.26 x 7.52 x 9.60 cm)
- Cospas-Sarsat, FAA TSO, Industry Canada
- Black Whip Antenna (P/N: 8324)
Mounting Tray and Strap
- P/N: 8323 (Universal mounting hole pattern fits 90% of existing ELT hole configurations)